Ever since I started writing about crazy parents, more and more teachers have told me about their own personal encounters with them. Crazy parents are more numerous than most people probably realize. So, if you are a teacher, don't feel bad if you run across a crazy parent. You are not alone. Definitely don't feel like you have to let that (or any) parent boss you around. Here are a few more entertaining crazy parent stories that I have heard from teachers all over the world:
(1) I had a parent walk into my third grade class, and make an announcement to the class that they had permission to beat her daughters @ss if the child ever touched them.
(2) Changing their child's answer on a test when I had to step out of the room. I stepped back in sooner than they had planned and she was caught with an eraser and her child's paper in action.
(3) A mother came to see me absolutely livid about her son receiving a less than a stellar grade on a writing assignment. She explained that she had spent nearly two hours writing it and thought it was perfect.
(4) A mom had a problem with me because when I questioned why her son was absent three days a week every week in 3rd grade she threatened me with a "curse /spell ". Then proceeded to sit on the lawn in front of the school, "chanting a spell " against me.
(5) A parent made my life miserable the rest of the year because I marked her son absent for the days he was absent. She wanted him to have perfect attendance.
(6) Our school had a graduate and her parent on Jerry Springer- the subject "My Mom and I are Strippers."
After reading some of these stories, you may not think that the parents you are dealing with are so crazy after all. If you are a crazy parent yourself, there is still time to get your act together. Don't find yourself on the next list!
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @TheDisciplineDr
*SUBSCRIBE BELOW FOR email BLOG UPDATES!
The content of this site (withoutanger.com) should not be construed as professional and/or definitive advice for taking (or not taking) any particular course of action. The content of this site is not meant to be a substitute for professional advice and is intended merely for entertainment purposes. The owner, advertisers, web host, and writing staff of this site take no legal responsibility or liability for the quality, correctness, integrity, and accuracy of the content of this site.